Tuesday 24 March 2020

Cancellation of Partizan 2020

Evening folks

In my last update on the show I said that we would wait until April 2nd before deciding on whether or not to cancel this year’s May Partizan. I did this on the basis that, by then, we would have a clearer picture of the situation regarding the Corona virus outbreak and the Government’s reaction to it. I think it is now obvious to everyone that things have progressed faster than I expected and that, even if things have started to improve by May and some of the restrictions have eased, it would be irresponsible to try and hold a major event under the current circumstances.

We are therefore cancelling Partizan 2020 which was due to be held at the Newark Showground on May 17th.

Although nothing is certain we are hopeful that the situation will have improved sufficiently that we feel we are able to hold The Other Partizan on 11th October. Of course this will depend entirely on factors outside our control but, if it is possible, then our plan is to transplant the May show wholesale to October. This means that if you have accepted an invite to the show in May then you are automatically rebooked for October. I will of course be back in touch with all traders, gamers and societies individually nearer the time to confirm you are still willing and able to attend but the important point is that no one who was booked in for May will miss out on a spot in October if they wish to take it. This does also mean that, unfortunately, anyone who was not able to make the May show will be unlikely to get an invite to October unless we have drop outs.

The other issue of course is money. Whilst Partizan is going to take a hit on the venue costs, as I mentioned previously, we are able to cope with this and do not see it as a threat to the show. Importantly, we know this will be a difficult time for traders given the current restrictions, the uncertainty for so many people regarding incomes and the loss of revenue not just from Partizan but from many other shows. So the choice is easy. If you have already paid for your stand for the May show we can offer a full refund. Alternatively if you wish to use the May payment as payment for October then we can do that instead. The choice is entirely yours.

We will continue to monitor the situation through the year and make regular updates as we get a clearer picture of the prospects for October.

Thankyou for your continued support and we hope to see you back at the show, fit and well, in happier times.

Best wishes

Richard, Laurence and Steve


  1. A fair and just action but also the support of the traders is probably very welcome, a shame other show organisers are not so sincere

  2. Only decision you could come too given the current situation. See you in October

  3. Absolutely the right decision, bravo chaps.
    And for selfish reasons, I was never going to get back to the UK in May with all the current issues so October is a good target.